John Lyon’s Charity snow sports scholarship
Through the John Lyon’s Charity snow sports scholarship, we’re delighted to have partnered with Snowblity to offer two people an exciting opportunity to train to become a valued member of the team.
This is only open to students who go to a school, college or live in any of the John Lyon’s Charity London beneficial areas. These include Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Harrow, Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Westminster.
This is a year’s scholarship where you’ll learn the skills of becoming an instructor to the level where you will be assesed by a senior IASI trainer on your ability to take part in an instructor course.
What’s covered in this scholarship is:
- A snow sports programme to develop your skills to become a proficient skier.
- Personal development training of your social skills, such as communication, listening, empathy, patience, time-keeping and self-motivation.
- What it takes to be part of a supportive team.
- Online and offline training to include mental health, handling of students with additional needs and first aid.
- How to teach snow sports to people with additional needs and mental health challenges.
- Training of the roles and responsibilities of a snow sports instructor.
To apply for this amazing scholarship opportunity, please see below:
Complete a short questionnaire by clicking on the link here. If successful, you’ll be invited into complete stage 2 of the application.
Complete a preliminary set of sessions with the Snowbility team to identify your:
- Potential to complete the year’s scholarship programme.
- Commitment and dedication to complete a specific number of hours’ training per month, which would be signed off on a time sheet.
- Commitment to take online and offline training courses, personal social skills development, Snowbility in-house training and skiing coaching.